Warranty & Return Policy
Limited Warranty and RMA Information
Product Warranty Registration.
To register a product, please see link below:
Overall Return Guidelines.
All products can be returned within 30 days of receipt. All returns must meet the overall guidelines in order for the individual return policy to apply. Products that are received by SECUREDATA in any of the following conditions are not eligible for return and may be rejected with shipping fees billed to customer.
· Any product not purchased from SECUREDATA or an Authorized Reseller.
· Any product that does not exhibit the described reason for the return (i.e., a return initiated for a DOA product that powers on and works properly upon inspection).
· Any product with missing, damaged, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial number label, manufacturer model or part number label, and/or warranty label.
· Any product from which the UPC code has been removed from its packaging.
· Any product which appears tampered, customized, or altered in any way.
Warranty Replacement Procedure.
Do not ship your defective product to SECUREDATA before contacting customer support.
1. Obtain a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number by contacting customer support via the link below:
2. A customer support agent will do troubleshooting to see if the product is defective. If it is, then this information is required:
· Your contact information.
· Product serial number.
· Proof of purchase.
· Credit card information for optional shipping services.
3. The Customer Support Representative will provide you with an RMA number and shipping information. Please be sure to write this down. The RMA number must be CLEARLY visible on the package/shipping label.
4. Package product securely. Do not include manuals, softwares, cables, or mounting brackets. SECUREDATA only replaces the defective unit and will not return other accessories. Include your contact information with your name, address, phone number, and RMA number inside the package.
5. Send the product to the RMA fulfillment address given by customer support. Clearly write your RMA number on the outside of the package you are returning. Customers are responsible for the freight charges to SECUREDATA. We suggest using a carrier that provides tracking information. SECUREDATA is not responsible for packages lost in transit to SECUREDATA. The replacement product is shipped by ground with shipping charges prepaid. Expedited shipping is available at extra cost.
IMPORTANT! Make sure your data is backed up. We are not responsible for any damage or loss of any data. Your Hard Drive or Memory will NOT be returned.
Disclaimer And Terms Of Limited Warranty.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY BECOMES EFFECTIVE ON THE DATE OF PURCHASE AND MUST BE VERIFIED WITH YOUR SALES RECEIPT OR INVOICE CLEARLY DISPLAYING THE DATE AND SOURCE OF PRODUCT PURCHASE. SECURE DATA WILL, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE (EXCEPT FOR ANY DELIVERY CHARGES, WHICH REMAIN THE CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY), REPAIR OR REPLACE DEFECTIVE PARTS WITH NEW PARTS OR SERVICEABLE USED PARTS THAT ARE EQUIVALENT TO NEW IN PERFORMANCE. SECURE DATA SHALL HAVE SOLE AND COMPLETE DISCRETION ON WHETHER TO USE NEW PARTS OR SERVICEABLE USED PARTS. ALL EXCHANGED PARTS AND PRODUCTS REPLACED UNDER THIS WARRANTY WILL BECOME THE PROPERTY OF SECURE DATA.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND TO ANY PRODUCT NOT PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM SECURE DATA OR AN AUTHORIZED RESELLER OR TO ANY PRODUCT THAT HAS BEEN DAMAGED OR RENDERED DEFECTIVE:
1. AS A RESULT OF ACCIDENT, MISUSE, NEGLECT, ABUSE OR FAILURE AND/OR INABILITY TO FOLLOW THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED IN THIS INSTRUCTION GUIDE:
2. BY THE USE OF PARTS NOT MANUFACTURED OR SOLD BY SECURE DATA;
3. BY MODIFICATION OF THE PRODUCT; OR
4. AS A RESULT OF SERVICE, ALTERATION OR REPAIR BY ANYONE OTHER THAN SECURE DATA. IN THE EVENT OF ANY OF THESE SITUATIONS, THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE VOID. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, NO OTHER WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, HAS BEEN OR WILL BE MADE BY OR ON BEHALF OF SECURE DATA OR BY OPERATION OF LAW WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT OR ITS INSTALLATION, USE, OPERATION, REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR.
Limitation of Liability.
SECURE DATA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE BY VIRTUE OF ANY WARRANTY, PROMISE OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE OR MULTIPLE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM THE USE OR OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT SECURE DATA WAS APPRISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SECURE DATA’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL COST OF THE PRODUCT OR $500.00, WHICHEVER IS GREATER. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION UNDER WHICH SUCH DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT.
The laws of the State of California, U.S.A. govern the provisions herein. This web page may be updated from time to time by SECUREDATA. Effective 02/01/2018